Mon, Apr 24|
All we need to know about Virtual Badges
About virtual badges from A to Z
Time & Location
Apr 24, 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM GMT+2
About the event
All we need to know about virtual badges - presented by, James Kendall from SwiftConnect.io
James Kendall is the Director of Enterprise Engineering at SwiftConnect.io. His background includes technology product management for McKinsey & Company, security systems engineering at Snowflake inc., a cloud computing–based data warehousing company and application engineering management for Northland Controls. He is a SIA PropTech Advisory Board (PTAB) voting member and co-chair of the PTAB Thought Leadership Sub-Committee.
Mobile and Access industry leaders are collaborating like never before and are positioned to truly converge. Almost 20 years after the NFC Forum was established, the mobile device and access control industries finally seem poised to deliver viable, real-world mobile access solutions at enterprise scale. During this session, James Kendall will share insights from his experience leading mobile access deployments across global enterprises – highlighting common practice vs. best practice and why now is the right time to make the transition.
James is going to talk about:
- Mobile Access: Common Practice vs. Best Practice
- Pros & Cons of Mobile Credentials vs. Physical Cards
- User Experience & the Role of Tenant Engagement Apps
- Bluetooth vs. NFC and the role of HID
- Leveraging Mobile Credentials on ‘Beyond-the-Door’ systems such as ‘Lockers’, ‘Secure Print’ or ‘Vending Machines’
- 3rd party integrators / developers & Lifecycle Management
- Street-to-Seat experiences (negotiating the landlord / tenant conundrum)
- Use case – 7WTC – New York
- Physical Identity and Access Management and the Mobile Credential
- How to begin a journey to mobile access
- The future of virtual badges & a live demo of Apple wallet credentials!